Tuesday, September 19, 2006

The Outsider



Besides Lupe's album, DJ Shadow's album The Outsider dropped today, and it blows Lupe and every other record that has dropped in the last ten years out of the water. What you just read was the biggest lie I have ever told. I wish I could say this album is great, being a huge Shadow fan for years, but this album just doesnt appeal to me at all. But then again I am the type of Shadow fan that is waiting for an album like Entroducing. (which I happened to get a poster of for my move in on wednesday, very happy about it) But instead I got a Shadow album thats all about the Bay area sound, full of Keak Da Sneak and Hyphy for days, just not my thing. It sounds nothing like a Shadow album, and I respect the fact the idea behind The Outsider was to be different from any previous albums, and althrough there are some tracks that are pretty good, I just can't get into this album no matter how much I want to. I am hoping his LRG collabo is way better then this album. But if the bay area sound is your thing, check out Shadows new videos here and here.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a lying bitch.

-Chops

5:39 PM  
Blogger Eff That said...

i hate you

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Executive MBA
Get An Executive MBA from Top MBA Schools